Scott County Iowa Genealogical Society: "The Geography of Genealogy in Europe" presented by Legacy Family Tree Webinars Online
Scott County Iowa Genealogical Society and the Richardson-Sloane Special Collections Center of the Davenport Public Library invite you to their monthly meeting.
For our September presentation, we will learn about "The Geography of Genealogy in Europe" offered through Legacy Family Tree Webinars. This presentation is presented by Dave Obee, a journalist and genealogical researcher. The description from the Legacy Family Tree website states, "It takes a few special tricks to find places in Germany and points east. The researcher can save time by consulting the best sources. This lecture includes several samples from the problems Dave has been asked to solve over the years."
This program is scheduled to be held in person and virtually.
This program is suitable for adults and teens.
Related LibGuide: Genealogical Research by Richardson-Sloane Special Collections Center
- Saturday, September 14, 2024
- 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Meeting Room B (Large)
- This is an online event.
- Event URL:
Join the members and guests of the Scott County Iowa Genealogical Society in learning about trends, techniques, and anything related to family history.
Scott County Iowa Genealogical Society, SCIGS, was organized in 1976 for literary and educational purposes as a nonprofit corporation with activities devoted to pursuits designed to further the following objectives:
- The creation and fostering of interest in genealogy and family history.
- The gathering, preservation, and use of records relative to the ancestors, founders, and early settlers of our county.
- The giving of aid and instruction to individuals in their genealogical research and in the compilation of their family histories.
- The establishment and maintenance of a depository of genealogical information and materials.
This program is offered in partnership with the Richardson-Sloane Special Collections Center of the Davenport Public Library.