12 Days of Kit-mas
On the first day of Kit-mas the Library gave to me...a supersized holiday craft kit!
Kit-mas is back again this year with one craft for each of the 12 days leading up to Christmas Eve (December 11th - 22nd). Yes, you heard us right. ELEVEN crafts in one kit! You'll do the first 11 on your own and then on December 22nd, we'll host an in-person Kit-mas Celebration where we'll make our final craft together, read a story or two, and chat about everything we made! The celebration is optional, but we'd love, love, love to see you!
Here's how it works:
- Register for 12 Days of Kit-mas.
- Pick up your 12 Days of Kit-mas supply box between Tuesday, December 5th and Saturday, December 9th. You'll receive an email when your box is ready to pick up.
- Complete 1 craft every day between December 11th and December 21st or do them all at once. Your choice!
- NEW THIS YEAR! Join us in person at | Eastern on Friday, December 22nd at 10am where we'll do the Day 12 craft together, read some cozy stories, and chat about our favorite crafts.
*The crafts in this program are best suited for children ages 6-13. Some crafts could be completed independently by younger children, others could be done with adult assistance, and some will be too difficult or unsafe. If you have multiple children of different ages, you may want to just get one kit and divvy up the crafts to the appropriately-aged child. There's plenty for everyone!
Boxes that are not picked up by end of day Monday, December 11th will be made available for those on the waitlist. If you need a later pickup date, please contact Youth Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. These boxes always have long waiting lists so don't forget to pick yours up on time before it gets passed to someone else!
- Friday, December 22, 2023
- 10:00am - 11:00am
Adult supervision while using the 12 Days of Kit-mas boxes is required. Boxes may contain choking hazards, skin irritants, or products that can be harmful if swallowed or used inappropriately. Boxes may also contain items that will stain or damage clothing and/or furniture. By requesting a 12 Days of Kit-mas box, you are agreeing that you will supervise the use of its contents and that you will not hold the Davenport Public Library or its staff liable for any injuries or damages that result from the contents of the box.