Scott County Iowa Genealogical Society: Rock Island Arsenal Confederate and Union Cemeteries Overview and Resources Online
Scott County Iowa Genealogical Society and the Richardson-Sloane Special Collections Center of the Davenport Public Library invites you to their monthly meeting.
Joining us for our August's presentation is Kevin Braafladt, the Army Sustainment Command Deputy Historian at the Rock Island Arsenal, who will speak about the history and resources available to those interested in learning about the Rock Island Arsenal Confederate and Union Cemeteries.
This program is scheduled to be held in person and virtually. If you would prefer to attend virtually, please follow this link to attend the event. The event will be recorded and available on the Davenport Public Library's YouTube.
This program is suitable for adults and teens.
Related LibGuide: Genealogical Research by Richardson-Sloane Special Collections Center
- Saturday, August 6, 2022
- 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Meeting Room B (Large)
- This is an online event.
- Event URL:
- Adults Teens
- Educational Genealogy Local History
Join the members and guests of the Scott County Iowa Genealogical Society in learning about trends, techniques, and anything related to family history.
Scott County Iowa Genealogical Society, SCIGS, was organized in 1976 for literary and educational purposes as a nonprofit corporation with activities devoted to pursuits designed to further the following objectives:
- The creation and fostering of interest in genealogy and family history.
- The gathering, preservation, and use of records relative to the ancestors, founders, and early settlers of our county.
- The giving of aid and instruction to individuals in their genealogical research and in the compilation of their family histories.
- The establishment and maintenance of a depository of genealogical information and materials.
This program is offered in partnership with the Richardson-Sloane Special Collections Center of the Davenport Public Library.